82 Lynn Street, Peabody, MA 01960
Planning ahead makes good sense in all areas of our lives. We plan weddings, vacations, birthday parties etc., so to plan a funeral is not all that different.
In planning a funeral we can decide if we want a traditional service, cremation, or an alternative service. We can decide on what type of casket, vault and printed materials.
Funeral planning is a benefit to you and your family. By expressing your final wishes, you ease the emotional burden of your loved ones. Other benefits are that you are protecting your family from the financial responsibility, and should you move to another city or state all funerals are 100% transferable.
For over 100 years, our staff has counseled families in planning ahead for the loss of a loved one, and assisted in the various matters that must be dealt with after the service.
It is not our intention to impose upon you any particular type of funeral service. Our licensed counselors are prepared to assist and explain the options available. From cremation to traditional funeral service, we offer families a variety of options and pricing to meet their needs and financial capabilities. We provide you and your family peace of mind in knowing that the necessary funds will be available at the time of your loss.
Pre-paying for your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs. Options include a single payment plan, to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral, you ease the financial impact on your family. Pre-payment also protects you and your family, from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay for their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and to accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, family, and friends peace of mind.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.